- Heats from start much faster and more energy efficient as compared to quartz bulb.
- Element covers more heating surface in which results in more and hotter heat output coming from heater.
- Only 1 element in which last over 80,000 hours.
- Element doesn't lose strength throughout life span, stays consistent and strong for 80,000+ hours.
- Element is inexpensive to replace and easy to access- with average element costing $30- $40 to replace.
- Quartz bulbs only last 5,000-20,000 hours, and are expensive to replace.
- They also lose strength throughout there lifespan, so every time in use they are gradually getting weaker.
- Some quartz heaters have as many as 6 bulbs- each costing from $30-$80 per bulb to replace!!
- Very hard to access and if quartz bulb is touched by hand it can damage lamp.